Sunday, November 29, 2009

Post Turkey Introspection

This is a slightly odd post but I felt like writing a bit post Turkeyday and well what else it your own personal blog for :) So Thanksgiving has officially passed...leftovers are spilling out of the fridge. Christmas lights are popping up every where. People look forward to the natural high of endorphin induced shopping. And a cold front has dropped into my neck of the woods. So why am I am I not sensing that "holly jolly" feeling?

I sense a complicated answer and so not to bore you with the myriad of ideas I'll keep it minimal. I think I've been bitten by the "adult" bug. The wonder of this season has been eclipsed by the immediates of life: job, bills, house, car...etc. I think many of you may agree that "life" lacks the quiet we all desperately try to grasp, especially during a holiday. But how are we suppose to do that in a day in age where speed is king and we have to rush to get anything done. If it's not instant it's too slow. Tell me how are we suppose to think, enjoy, feel at the speed of light?

So as the end of 2009 seems to move at warp speed, I'm going to try and step back. I'm not going to let December push me into another year. Instead I hope this next month will be a baseline for months to come. It will be a measuring drumstick that will serve to remind me that life is short and no matter what holiday approaches, the fact that I get to enjoy another holiday is blessing enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment