Thursday, August 20, 2009

Intrepidity

A fabulous quote:

In the history of literature there are many great enduring works which were not published in the lifetimes of the authors. If the authors had not achieved self-affirmation while writing, how could they have continued to write?
Gao Xingjian

I thought this quote fitting to proceed my new motto for writing. Intrepidity is a quality or state of being fearless. My intrepidity is focused on that of my pursuit and growth in my skills as a writer (and hopefully published author). Yet as the quote above noted, my affirmation in writing must not come from publication alone, but the simple drive and desire instilled within to continue writing. So come binding or not a true writer writes without the expectation of formal recognition. Instead he or she writes with fearless pursuit for the sole purpose of private accomplishment. Intrepidity!

No comments:

Post a Comment