Monday, August 16, 2010

Where art thou Fall?

Now don't get me wrong, I love warm weather. The feeling of the sun on your face, arms and legs, even though mine currently look like they haven't seen the sun in years. Despite my pale complexion,however, I appreciate the time of year I'm not layered in 20 extra pounds of clothing just to walk from my front door to my car.

But after nearly twenty something days of 100+ weather I think I could stand a light breeze. Something refreshing versus scorching. Something where the heat index isn't running a temperature.

So since I can't change the outside thermostat, I decided to change something I have control over...my blog background. Yes it's a rather puny trade off but use your imagination. Pretend the leaves are changing color, and if you are in Texas look quick before they fall to the ground.

I know Fall is on the horizon. I already hear my husband's nervous chatter about football and Game Day coming soon. Back to school signs and discounts are in abundance, and sometimes I wish I had a reason to purchase new pens and notepads. The line "a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils" from the movie You've Got Mail comes to mind and I smile.

Well anyway, until it no longer feels like Masada I'll try and think cool thoughts. If only that would work on our electric bill too.

2 comments:

  1. Just now commenting on this, but I do really like your new blog background!

    ReplyDelete