Sunday, May 23, 2010

Shoo fly

There is a fly in our house. He's been buzzing around all weekend trying to find an exit with little luck. And if he tries what he just did again, he may be exiting our apartment in the belly of Mr. Hefty...

As my previous post noted I am in the process of perfecting something that is never quite perfect, my query. I escaped to the bedroom to make a few more adjustments but didn't realize I was followed.

In order for you to understand what happened next I need to tell you about my hair. If it was a perfect world I would permanently have my hair pulled back in the cutest darn ponytail you ever did see. But nothing is perfect, so today I'm wearing my hair down which means I'm sporting a nice mop-like style. I have a tendency like most girls to fiddle or adjust my hair while focused on something. At one point I reached up to adjust the hair falling against my right temple and that's when I heard it.

Buzz.

What the crap?

I reach up and run my fingers through my hair.

BUZZZ!

No way! The stupid flying maggot has taken shelter in my hair. And I promise you it's not because it smells. Pantene was applied and rinsed with great care this morning.

At this point I'm thinking, "Gross! A fly just landed in my hair and decided, 'This is nice. I think I'll stay.'"

Seeing that this rest stop was not approved by me, I stand up and make my way to the mirror. I toss my hair again just to make sure and...

BUZZZZZZZ!!

Heck No!

At this point I'm vigorously tossing and combing my hair, irritated as all get out that this stupid fly won't leave me alone. I reach the mirror and carefully inspect my locks looking for the intruder. I don't see or hear him anywhere else in the room so I wait. Did I kill him? Ugh, I hope his remains aren't still in my hair? Has he crawled to the other side of my head? Is this all a game to him? Then I hear him again.

No, he's not still in my hair. Somehow he managed to make it safely behind the blinds, taunted by an outside he cannot reach. (He, he!) Satisfied at his dilemma, I returned to the couch where I'm now typing this post. My attacker is still at bay for now, but if he knows what's best for him he better keep on the move or his next landing might be his last.

Now I'm going to pull my hair back.

No comments:

Post a Comment