Saturday, May 22, 2010

Query Bound

To my fellow writers who are currently embarking on the mind numbing journey of writing a query: May the pithy force be with you! (Yes I'm watching Star Wars as I type. Part 5 The Empire Strikes Back.)

By now, like the novel, my query has once again undergone reconstructive surgery. I spent most of yesterday and a good chunk of my morning preparing, yet again, a suitable summary of my 360 page book into two paragraphs. I know, piece of cake right?

Wrong!

A query is not only the concentrate to someone's hard pressed orange juice, it also needs to be this eye-catching, heart pumping prose an agent will never forget. Like when Jake Sully first experienced the world of the Na'vi in his Avatar body...he just couldn't get enough. (Gosh this blog is riddled with sci-fi references :)

So with a few more updates and some cleverly placed flattery, my query will be ready to face a new round of Jedi agents. Hopefully this time around my "lightsaber" skills will catch someone's eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment