Thursday, July 30, 2009

Rollercoaster Emotions

I've noticed during the past few days the extreme range of emotions transferring from my mind to my heart and then back again. I know it all stems from the reality that my safe haven in seclusive writing is about to be thrust, like a college student, into a world of professionals. Will I succeed? Is my work professional? Will people like my writing, which can be further translated to will people like me? The questions and doubts have made their debut.

But I know this is part of the process of stepping out on the stage (of publishing). Nerves are mixed with excitement. Fear is mixed with confidence. It's like feeling schizophrenic. Or maybe it's the long hours trapped in front of a computer making up new realities and talking to people who don't exist :) After all every writer has a little crazy in them. But seriously, I pray my writing will reach a point of notoriety. Not for fame or success, but for the pure desire to write well. There is something so precious about gaining the acceptance of your peers.

In the meantime, I'll soak up the roller coaster moments as a rite of passage. They will shape my appreciation for this craft, this career, this dream as I go along. All I have to do is strap in.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in their friend! You are a gifted writer and I am proud to be your friend!

    ReplyDelete